Quality of life is not a matter of chronology. Before considering that you are too old or too young for a new venture or challenge, consider the lives of a few people who did not let age stand in their way.
George Burns won his only Oscar when he was eighty.
– Golda Meir became Israel’s prime minister at the age of seventy-one.
– Mozart was seven years old when his first composition was published.
– Grandma Moses began painting after eighty. For the rest of her life, she painted over 1,500 paintings, of which a quarter having a hundred on her neck.
– Benjamin Franklin published the first press article when he was sixteen and co-created the United States constitution when he was eighty-one.
– Michelangelo painted the frescoes in the Sistine Chapel at the age of seventy-one.
– SI Hayakawa ceased to act as rector of the San Francisco State University at the age of seventy and was elected to the senate.
Casey Stengel managed the New York Mets team until he was seventy-five years old.